Friday, December 19, 2014

Thai Chicken

Life is crazed these days.  Here's a simple, delicious dish to put in rotation.  


 Coarsely chop an onion
Slice a red pepper into strips
 The recipe doesn't call for carrots, but I like to add a few, sliced thick.  Sometimes I put green beans in, too, if I have some on hand.  Or broccoli.
Trim about four chicken breasts, then cut into 1/2 inch strips
 combine 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup soy sauce,
 1 Tbsp cumin, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 tsp (or more) of crushed red pepper& some s&P
 mix that together then throw all of the above in the crock pot and mix well
 cover and cook on low all day (recipe says 5 hours but I'm always gone 8 hours and it's fabulous)
 After 5 or 8 or however many hours, and you've congratulated yourself profusely for the joy that is the smell of your house, do the following:

Remove 1 cup of liquid from the crock pot, mix in 2 Tbsp corn starch,

 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter

 Add 1 Tbsp soy sauce and 1/4 cup fresh lime juice. 
 Mix well then dump back in crock pot and stir the whole yummy mess up. 
 Cook on high another 1/2 hour or so.

Meanwhile, chop up 1/2 cup peanuts, 1/2 cup cilantro and a few green onions

 Serve over rice, adding garnish to the plate.  
Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I've used tahini (because peanut butter is vile) and it was dee-lish. Love you Janey!

    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making this as we speak, my walking buddies coming for dinner.... I love it, and love you. mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane! I just checked out your blog. It's awesome! I'm trying this recipe tonight. Nancy told me about it and your blog. Hope all is well with you and yours. xoxo Ann(Marie)(Gallacher)Foley

    ReplyDelete